The School recognises the need for continued Professional development of the staff. Each year a number of teachers attend various courses that will assist them in their classroom practise. It is expected that any member of staff who attends a course should disseminate the information gathered to the correct people in school. In addition, there has been whole school In-service training from a guest speaker as well as looking at specific areas of education and whole school issues.
Some examples of Professional Development and courses attended this year:
- IB workshops including ab Initio Languages, Language A, Language and Literature, Literature, Music, Biology, Economics, Business and Management, ITGS and Physics;
- UCAS Workshops, Cheltenham, UK;
- Monitoring Achievement and Progress in Independent Schools, CEM, London, UK;
- IGCSE Workshops including Mathematics and ICT, London, UK;
- NSPCC: Child Protection Awareness in Education, Preventing Bullying Behaviour & Health and Safety in Education.